The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big seven specific parts help!
Hullo! im 18 and recently purchased a 1937 big seven, so far I have found that the manifold flange has a nasty crack meaning one of the corners has come off and the bottom left passenger door hinge is split.

How should I go about fixing these? I cant find either parts anywhere, I usually I do work like this without much thought as I did on my 1949 ford Anglia before I bought this but parts availability is "slim" to put it mildly for the big sevens!  Haha

Hope to hear back from everyone!
Have you got all the bits of the manifold
If you have you can braze it.back together
Or biuld up with weld and file back to shape?
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
(17-03-2020, 09:48 PM)spannerman Wrote: Have you got all the bits of the manifold
If you have you can braze it.back together
Or biuld up with weld and file back to shape?

I have and I will try brazing it but I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere to get a replacement as my ford Anglia had an old patch on the exhaust manifold and upon going through a puddle the engine suddenly got VERY loud (the repair metal had popped out due to rapid cooling of the metal) so im weary of it.

Thanks!
Austin Big Seven Register, 101 Derby Road, Chelleston, Derby DE73 1SB. No phone or Email address available. Austin 8 manifold should be the same, but I cannot find any Austin 8. Club references. John
Big Seven Registrar. Robin Taylor. 01332 700629  robib.e.taylor@talktalk.net
On 2-door Big Sevens, the doors and hinges are identical to those on the Mk2 (ARR) Ruby.
Depending on how much is missing, my first thought would be to do a temporary fix to keep the car going.

Like making a secondary clamp of some kind.

Big Seven bits come up on ebay - even complete but unsavable cars appear from time to time.

"Cherished suppliers" - see the list - may well have Big Seven bits.

If you are in an Austin Seven club, ask the members if they have, or know of, bits.