The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Mod?
Sad 
I have just finished fitting a correct Speedy engine in my Speedy, BRM 46, replacing the Pigsty engine which has given such good service for many years. The deadline was to have it all done in preparation for the Curborough Sprint!!  Sick .

I remembered when the gearbox was out to make what, IMHO, is one of the best and simplest mods one can make to an Austin Seven.

That is to drill the nearside of the clutch cross shaft and tap and fit a 1/4 BSF Allen screw. This allows very simple adjustment of the clutch withdrawal position with an Allen key on the nearside with one hand, while adjusting the clutch lever clamp with the other.

I don't claim to have invented the solution but also can't remember where I first saw it. However, I thought it might help newer members of our movement.

Happy isolation!

Martin
Doesn't the end of the shaft have a slot where I use a right angled screwdriver? No mod needed.
Robert Leigh