The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE DREADED PLAGUE!
MARTIN PRIOR and SON'S MOTOR WORKS

With a very fluid and rapidly-developing situation around Covid-19, we thought that it might be useful to let you all know our situation in the event of a general lock-down.

Dave and I are fortunate in that we work from home and are very largely self-sufficient. We have good stocks of materials and consumables and are well set up to carry on working as normal, regardless of what's going on in the outside world.

Production of timber components will carry on as usual and we can, at the moment, still accept customers' cars for work to be done here. We have space for one more at the moment and another in about a week's time.

On a positive note, just think how much those long-term restorations could move along!

Stay well, everyone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Keep going! Fortunately you are able to continue as normal. I think we may be looking at a serious economic consequence.

I plan to continue as I can do the short run to the workshop without meeting anyone and have a yellow
" Q do not enter"
sign on the door.

I fear for my safety if I have to stay at home, my wife would probably murder me for the way I slurp my porridge and all the other irritating habits she's had to put up with over the last 45 years...
Here in the Pacific NW we're the hot zone for cases in the US. Oddly, some seem to be taking zero precautions.

Erich in Seattle
Well done Martin. Here our GP's are cancelling all appointments! Instead they ring you up and tell you to go and see someone else...
well done martin,

planning works alot better than panicing.

for myself like many im sure all this will cause us problems. 

im in a sort of a good position. by chance? 

ive been selling like crazy for the last 6 months, because ive had the chance to add to the high quality lower prices part of my range. so i have savings.

the prices of the new parts came in friday, but as a precausion. just in case the sales slow or stop. ive had to delay SOME of these new parts being made.

hopefully things will be back to normal soon, and we will all come through it in one piece.

tony