The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Postponement and cancellation begins
Big Grin 
I remember the old joke that went, Sheet 1 was printed "Izal for cleanliness" sheet 2 was "Izal was for health", sheet 3 had "Izal for value" I went through the whole roll and couldn't find one that said "Izal to wipe my arse"  Big Grin Big Grin
Time for a Churchillian anecdote to make us smile.

During the War, the great man was in the bog when there was a discreet knock on the toilet door.
'Prime Minister, there is someone to see you'
'I said that I was not to be disturbed!'
'I know, but it is the Lord Privy Seal'
'Tell him I am sealed in my privy and I can only deal with one sh*t at a time!'
IZAL toilet roll used to be made in the village outside Sheffield where I lived prior to moving to pastures new (Chapeltown). The complex, owned by Newton Chambers also made Ransome Rapier shunting locos and cranes. During the war they made Churchill Tanks.

HERE
When I started teaching in 1972, Birmingham Corporation used to print their name on every sheet.
As my dear old dad used to say*: ''You lot have had it easy. If you'd ever had to wipe your ar*e with a Churchill tank you'd know what 'scratchy' really means...'

*He didn't really used say that...
(18-03-2020, 01:48 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: IZAL toilet roll used to be made in the village outside Sheffield where I lived prior to moving to pastures new (Chapeltown). The complex, owned by Newton Chambers also made Ransome Rapier shunting locos and cranes. During the war they made Churchill Tanks.

HERE

We had Izal toilet paper when I was at school, I am not surprised that the complex made heavy machinery - the paper used to feel like it!

.jpg   84Yw0Hah.jpg (Size: 205.27 KB / Downloads: 171)
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
In collusion with another male colleague, I once managed to extend a staff meeting by over thirty minutes - the subject? The replacement of Izal by another grade and colour of the lavatory paper. The ladies took it most seriously and it was all we could do to not burst out laughing. The boss guessed what we were doing but, being a good sport, let it go on just to see how good we were at it.

(18-03-2020, 01:14 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Sphagnum moss has mild antiseptic qualities which the soldiers in the first world war made use of.

You could therefore market antiseptic wipes!
Ah! Another marketing opportunity - the sales boards are being printed now.

(18-03-2020, 01:14 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Sphagnum moss has mild antiseptic qualities which the soldiers in the first world war made use of.

You could therefore market antiseptic wipes!
Ah! Another marketing opportunity - the sales boards are being printed now.
I've used Ruairidh's idea of sphagnum moss in trips in the north of Canada. The trick is to use the reindeer moss first and then finish with the sphagnum. I won't get into the whys, but just note that it is often a scientific like discussion around the campfire. Of course, if Sears was still making catalogs, or phone books were still a thing...

Erich in Seattle
Wink 
(20-03-2020, 04:02 AM)Erich Wrote: I've used Ruairidh's idea of sphagnum moss in trips in the north of Canada. The trick is to use the reindeer moss first and then finish with the sphagnum. I won't get into the whys, but just note that it is often a scientific like discussion around the campfire. Of course, if Sears was still making catalogs, or phone books were still a thing...

Erich in Seattle
and FWIW we actually have toilet paper in Canada. Just sayin'