The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whilst we still have sport
No less than 54 of the cars  entered for the VSCC Herefordshire Trial were Austin Sevens, must be pretty useful sort of machine then!  As well as "Ulsters", specials and Chummies of varying degrees of originality, a new trialling Seven seems to be evolving. There were at least a couple of saloons sounding distinctly tuned, coil springs being visible assisting the location of the back axle.
Top photo shows Dave Wall alongside Andrew Isherwood in his Ulster. The three cars in line are well known Seven trialists, Keith Dobinson, Alan Bee in the middle and then Inter-Register maestro and rally organiser Nigel Coulter. The man looking cheerful in his Chummy is Andy Storer. He is demonstrating that a dizzy problem that would probably cause dismay and retirement in a lesser sort of car, in a Seven, with bits kept under the driver's seat and contributions from other Seven competitors, allows a little roadside repair and back into action. Andiamo Austin indeed!
    [
    [
attachment=9134]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi steve,

Love the pics.

Who was in the gray chummy that flashed passed as I sat in the premier inn carpark at the start of the M50. Around 10am today.

It's been a good day.

Also got to see a customers car this afternoon, running on a 250 centric blower.

Worth the day out.

Tony.

Tony, was the blown car the Patrick Blakeney Edwards alleged 1930 Top Hat?
NO !

it sounded nice on it though.

it wasnt going to the trial.

this was in pershaw.

tony
Nice photos, Steve! However. the third man with Keith Dobinson and Alan Bee is Howell Clague in his repro Ulster.

David
David, I've just expanded the image to check the number and you are, as ever, quite right. 

Oh dear, I fear that as of this past weekend, corrections and full anorak behaviour will be the only available entertainment. 

If I put a bowl of vinegar, or perhaps Dettol in the front porch, will the postie be allowed to drop parcels into it so that we can continue to buy vital components from yourself and our other cherished suppliers? In three months our workshops will be tidy, tools sorted and polished,  the jamjars full of nuts and bolts in order, and the cars in perfect condition. If we are spared, of course.
Pics of the cars at Chandos and Sipping Cider uploaded to https://vintageman.zenfolio.com/p650162934
So far I haven't heard about any threats to the postal services, so I (and I assume my fellow suppliers) will be continuing to supply parts as long as I am able to.