The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fancy something special
This raises the interesting question of why Karosseriwerke Drauz AG were commisioned to build the advertising bodies onto Citroen chassis rather than any of the period German makers, assuming that is the case. My Citroen does not run on artillery wheels so I have nothing with which to compare the cars in the picture.
My mate (and a wise sage on all things automotive) used his mum's old cylinder Hoover to blow air into the flame from a gas burner to get it really hot, melting aluminium to cast a steering wheel boss for his special (an AKW on a ford 10 chassis). His story inspired me to cast the bits I needed for the Speedex, all be it with a little more care.

One day he set up the mini-forge, unplugging the gas poker (for lighting the Aga) and connecting up the burner. He set up the hoover and started to play the end of the hose into the air hole on the burner... as the flame sputtered,  he realised just too late that he'd forgotten to take the hose from the suck end and put it in the blow end... BOOM! The cylinder split lengthwise,  but his mum didn't give him a lecture... until two days later,  when his hearing returned!
That factory picture appears to have an Austin Seven or perhaps a Dixi without bonnet in the background.
Robert Leigh
(12-03-2020, 12:12 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: 'Nothing sucks like an Electrolux!'

https://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/chari...ing-26762/
Well, Nick - I'm too sure about that. Now, in my experience....time to stop!