The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Improving drag link ends
Limited experience but I have not heard of a drag link failure. 

I have seen bent ones used on specials - a problem waiting to happen.
I wish i'd spotted Tony's replacement a couple of weeks ago! I have the brazed on nut mod on my saloon and i think it is a good plan. An alternative, easy upgrade is to cut a slug of 1/4 " bar, file it to be very slightly shorter than the installed, compressed length of the spring, then assemble the whole joint with the slug inside the spring, this simply limits the further compression of the spring and in my opinion 'sharpens' the steering....
I also found in my boxes a short draglink, with grease nipple bosses on the caps. the main tube needs a very small hole under the nipple position, but this is another design improvment, in my opinion.
With regard to the picture of the replacement draglink, where have all the splitpins gone? Back nuts and nylocs, hmmmm
W
I'm going to braze the adjustment nuts onto my new Tony Betts drag link

C
Charles, with your turning skills you could just as quickly make new caps with thicker ends that could be tapped, would look nicer
(30-05-2020, 10:05 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Charles, with your turning skills you could just as quickly make new caps with thicker ends that could be tapped, would look nicer

Hmm. With the flat end caps on Tony's ones I could just braze a thick disc on and then turn it down so that it didn't show. 
Good suggestion !

c