The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very excited - registration
1932 engine and 1929/1930 car. Pity the B- series is 100% confirmed, as all that original spec information is now lost.
Nice original tags though!
Well, a 1932 cylinder head. What is the stamped crankcase number? If it's 117202, then you have the original engine.
(26-06-2020, 10:11 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Well, a 1932 cylinder head. What is the stamped crankcase number? If it's 117202, then you have the original engine.

well, it appears that I don't have the original engine - which makes sense given what little I know about the car.

M74289 - is the engine that is in the worst shape visually

M110349 - is, I am told rebuilt - and is the more complete.

Well, they are both basically the same specification, but 110349 is closest to your original, so go with that one.
Mike - is the engine number observation based on something noted in Wyatt, or is the old logbook back in this thread somewhere?
Isn't the newer engine the larger crank - so perfect result?
117202 is the original engine in the logbook. And yes, I'd forgotten about the bigger crank   Blush
thanks for this all of you I genuinely appreciate it.

so, other than the larger crank are the engine parts interchangeable?
Hi John Peter,

Further to my previous posts nos. 14 & 15 on 23rd March re one of your cars former owners a John Bacton Penrose, The Red House, Gold Hill Common, Chalfont St. Peter 1957 to 1958. Further research has found that In the nearby village of Chalfont St. Giles there's a Fancy Dress Hire shop called 'All Dressed Up' which is apparently owned by someone called Penrose - it may be worth you dropping them an email as there's obviously a chance albeit slim that they could be related. Their website address is: https://alldressedupbucks.co.uk/contact/

Jeff.
(28-06-2020, 10:24 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Hi John Peter,

Further to my previous posts nos. 14 & 15 on 23rd March re one of your cars former owners a John Bacton Penrose, The Red House, Gold Hill Common, Chalfont St. Peter 1957 to 1958. Further research has found that In the nearby village of Chalfont St. Giles there's a Fancy Dress Hire shop called 'All Dressed Up' which is apparently owned by someone called Penrose - it may be worth you dropping them an email as there's obviously a chance albeit slim that they could be related.  Their website address is:  https://alldressedupbucks.co.uk/contact/

Jeff.

this is interesting - thanks and will follow up!