The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VSCC John Harris Trial
A selection of cars on today's VSCC John Harris Trial in Derbyshire:

Nice photos of a great day out.
I was marshalling at Calton Lees and we had a good range of scores from 1 to 25, the weather held and the hill changed over the day. Long day trip from Suffolk to be there for an 8am start

Charles
Good to see my old car COG 968 still going strong!
Nice pictures
I like the motorbike chain mod to the front axle in one picture, it looks like a clever way of stopping the spring shackles inverting.
My dads 1933 Box used to invert the shackles with a bit of spirited driving on the road usually about the same time as it lifted a rear wheel and did bunny hops.
I notice that the two Ulsters that have been photoed from the front also have what look like straps to prevent the shackles from turning inside out.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1016...4657300226

Dramatic action shot of Stewart Rich and Francine on the Chez Perez  section,   Third overall two points behind the winners and best placed seven.
The axle locating devices, straps or chains, are pretty essential for trialing. I think anyone turning up for a first trial without them would find kind words of advice from most of the rest of the Seven contingent. Brakes not connected fore and aft, to allow steering back down sections vital as well, thuogh a brief burst of anorakery looking at the pictures seems to show one set of hydraulics. Has this been set up for separate rear brake application? 

As for a certain father managing to bounce the shackles whilst merely driving a saloon on the road......

Andy, any chance of putting the action shot directly on to the forum, I am unable to open it.
I dont know how to ,the picture is on facebook.
Andy
(09-03-2020, 10:45 PM)Stumpi Wrote: I dont know how to ,the picture is on facebook.
Andy

This one Andy?

.jpg   FB_IMG_1583798902529.jpg (Size: 67.23 KB / Downloads: 118)

Photo credit to Rhiannon Carvell-Cook