The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An odd-looking body...
I would be very interested to see some better photos.

In its green incarnation, the previous seller stated that only the floorpan and body forward of the bulkhead were from the original Chummy body. Judging from the current photos, it appears that in its current form the body of the special has been retained as far back - and including - the B-posts. An attempt has then been made to build a vaguely Chummyish back end, but it looks too high, too wide and too square.

Better pictures might of course prove me wrong.
Seller has a few Sevens on ebay (look at his other items)...all have bids so will sell....some mix of vehicles in the background too,
David
"all have bids so will sell". or maybe not.
This seller, under many different aliases all in Dover, magically gets several instant bids to around £2000 or more on every car he offers on ebay. Many of the cars appear to successfully sell but are relisted after a few days, weeks or months.
Didn't this have a mag engine in its original green incarnation?
Mr Horn certainly seems to be having trouble actually selling it, been on eBay quite a few times.
Not my idea of a Chummy
(07-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Didn't this have a mag engine in its original green incarnation?
Mr Horn certainly seems to be having trouble actually selling it, been on eBay quite a few times.
Not my idea of a Chummy
Indeed, most suspicious. With the wealth of information available today with a few clicks of a mouse, one wonders if anybody is actually taken in by this sort of thing - or why the seller appears to be trying a version of confusion marketing?
(07-03-2020, 12:13 PM)Mick Hobday Wrote: "all have bids so will sell".  or maybe not. 
This seller, under many different aliases all in Dover, magically gets several instant bids to around £2000 or more on every car he offers on ebay. Many of the cars appear to successfully sell but are relisted after a few days, weeks or months.

And voila
Please all potential Seven buyers, find out about this very forum first, and learn a little about cars offered for sale. Beware anything near certain white cliffs. Go to auctions and don't hesitate to talk to the Seven owners usually there in droves, we genuinely are a sociable and very helpful bunch. If you seriously fancy an RN saloon on rather silly incorrect tyres, buy it from Brightwells for a whisker over 9 grand a couple of weeks ago, and not from a dealer in Suffolk for a whisker under 11 grand this week!
My RN came from the white cliffs of Dover for £5.5k 4 years ago. Still got it. Ultra reliable. Lots not original, but that is how it’s been since the early 1960s. A previous owner got in touch to fill in it’s last 40 years history. 

I have no complaints and I have not seen complaints by any of his other customers. 

I see unsubstantiated complaints by keyboard warriors about this trader. Why?

Roly Alcock
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Knowing impecunious Seven owners, isn't it just because you could have had it for say, 4500, a week earlier... if you perused carandclassic with a vengeance? Like the current comments about the South Norfolk Classics car just previously bought from auction, it's when things are so visible or from places that non-traders buy that gives people something to moan or joke about. Nothing whatsoever wrong with the dealer but everyone is probably jealous of his ability to buy everything that is reasonably priced?
In the same vein, isn't it great when some dealers come across cars we've NEVER heard about and thus we are proud of their role in finding these things through their incredible network of contacts.

Anyway, we'll all be dead soon and the cars will soon enough be down to 1500 quid so that young people can put them on the mantelpieces as bookends.