The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby for quick restoration.
Go on; you know you always wanted one... Any bets on what it might make?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114138312780?ul_noapp=true

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Ruby.jpg (Size: 157.56 KB / Downloads: 469)
I've never seen seats mounted on blocks of wood like that - perhaps ii's an early prototype! If it's retained its registration number, I reckon it may fetch £2,000.
(05-03-2020, 12:26 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I've never seen seats mounted on blocks of wood like that - perhaps ii's an early prototype! If it's retained its registration number, I reckon it may fetch £2,000.
Yes, the blocks of wood...and note the carefully-crafted - if rather insubstantial - sheet-steel tab securing the front of the seat. With the current push for "patena", some might say get it running and leave it as it is; however, in this case, that might be taking fashion a little too far.....
Ad should have started with:

Ideal for masochist with deep pockets...
Could have sworn this was 1850 on carandclassic but it now appears to be 1950.
so 1700 quid then!

There was a lovely, slumbering, tatty interiorerd, one owner for 60 years Ruby on ebay yesterday for 2250 that looked a far better bet i.e. perhaps needed an oil change. That had become 2500 an hour later. (still there - Harrow)
Shocked 
Beware - cars tend to be flattered by the photos...
Indeed, as we always say, "If it looks bad in a photograph, by God is really is!"
Prices for Sevens as indicated yesterday at Brightwells. 1930 swb RK saloon, £8960, LCES eligible which helps the value. 1931 RN saloon with paperwork, invoices and receipts, £7280. 1932 RN on interesting tyres which would suggest an early intimate relationship with the underside of wheel arches with  a dog on  the back seats, let alone a case of wine, £9070. The 1935 "Nippy" as discussed on this very forum sold for £10,080.

Quite a few non sales, a couple of bargains not built at Longbridge; Riley Merlin saloon for £10,080 and a Rover 10 two door coupe for £6830.

Somebody gave ten grand for a Morris 8 that had appeared on television. My Ruby has made numerous appearances on youtube, does that increase its value? Has a Morris ever been recorded chasing a sheep up Shelsley?
I like the honest looking 1934 tourer, I think its good value and more interesting than a Ruby.
It would make a great minimal restoration trials car for someone.
My Wife would not approve of me getting another project.