The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious tank cleaning
    have managed to get a still to show the filth, this is the third flushi
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
            The intention is to use the Sureseal products, which I have used successfully twice before.
1. Wash out with a degreaser. For half hour.
2. Agitate a rust killer for two hours.
3. Flush out thorough with acid killer.
4. Dry tank, with a water dispersant.
5. Warm tank and pour in coating.
6. Ensure that the whole area of the tank is coated by repeatedly rotating tank. Keep the tank warm to maintain fluidity.
7. Drain excess coating. Wait for it to harden.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
What have you done about the internal gauze filter?
Good question, I don’t recall having one on my APE and there has been no ill effect so I can only imagine that there wasn’t one. The Rosengart tank definitely didn’t.
The RP tank that I have just done does, which I found last evening when I took off the blanking plate that I made to fit over the fuel gauge sender hole.i never realised it was there hidden by the amongst  of sludge and rust. It was totally coated and ruined so I ripped it out. I think with a clean tank, a filter in the fuel pump and one in the banjo fitting on the carb . It won’t be a problem