The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking back...
And when the brilliant Peter Green was on guitar
(29-02-2020, 11:22 PM)squeak Wrote: Go on Tony, try it!   The doors always open
No, I kid myself that I enjoy the difference; that and gardening on rocky soil....
Thumbs Up 
'Gardening on rocky soil'.  Of course there will be tears; but after the minutiae of effort comes achievement and the fruits of ones labor. One expects nothing less of an Austin 7 owner.
(01-03-2020, 11:47 PM)squeak Wrote: 'Gardening on rocky soil'.  Of course there will be tears; but after the minutiae of effort comes achievement and the fruits of ones labor. One expects nothing less of an Austin 7 owner.
So true. Effort in - harvest out.
Totally irrelevant - sorry Ruairidh - but I came across a magazine photo dated 1961 of a Mk. 1 Ruby  (so it's looking back?)  The number was JX 4244 and it was being driven in a neighbouring field by a six year old girl!  If any Forum member now owns the car and wants a copy I can oblige.  My email is ausevenoz@gmail.com    Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(03-03-2020, 04:54 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Totally irrelevant - sorry Ruairidh - but I came across a magazine photo dated 1961 of a Mk. 1 Ruby  (so it's looking back?)  The number was JX 4244 and it was being driven in a neighbouring field by a six year old girl!  If any Forum member now owns the car and wants a copy I can oblige.  My email is ausevenoz@gmail.com    Cheers,  Bill in Oz

Clearly I wasn't brought up right. Had to wait till 1963 to learn to drive at age 8, on an ex raf aerodrome, and in an A30. At least it was Austin.  UUM 311.
Was it Stony Cross airfield. I learnt there in a A30 in 64!!
I feel at home here, mine was at aged 9 on an Austin 7 special Dad had at the time

Aye
Greig
My first crash was running over my trike in a Morris 8 in our field I think I was about 10.
I got my first 7 from the scrappie a few years later for £10
Ian
I learned to drive on my father's Fordson E27N tractor aged 7. I had to stand on the footplate to manage the controls and put my entire weight on the clutch to disengage it. Fortunately, it was not very fast!