The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DZUS fasteners alternatives?
Hi All

T nuts are definitely captive when done up but I found when making the special body that wasn’t true when they were not!  I used T nuts to secure the 12mm and 9mm ply body to a steel subframe.  However I had to have the body off and on a few times and in the process the T nuts became loose and often pushed out as you fed the bolt in.  Being a fabric covered car I couldn’t allow T nuts dropping between the ply and vinyl and consequently moved on to “Nutserts”.  Perfect for ply as  they come in shallow depths. So T nuts great for a permanent fix......Nutserts if you intend removing and replacing the connected material.

Cheers

Howard
Howard, you need to drill an undersize hole for them so that they are an interference fit and cannot drop out or com loose.
Yes, Spex that is what you said, and correctly so, but there seems to be some confusion on what a T nut is.
Hi Zeto

I did fix them in undersize holes and had to “draw” them in whilst fastening.  I think getting the bolt exactly centred on the thread when re-inserting was difficult in my case and I may have been a bit too “brutal” in trying to make the connection. Nutserts are inserted from the face and so cannot push out. In my experience and my situation Nutserts seem to work better.

Cheers

Howard