The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Controls

HAND CONTROLS

The attached page may be of help towards an answer to the question.  A couple of comments - I believe the statement that the steering wheel is wrong is way off.  The early '23 models had the flat, four-spoked wheel as standard & everything about the car indicates it's an early one - if the enquirer needs to go ahead and emulate, he could look up the Patent and get the full details on what and how to construct it.   Good Luck, Cheers,   Bill in Oz
The anti-fiddling measures are equally interesting!
As a P.S. to my above, the thought has occured that due to my tardiness in finding the LCC page, Paul may have given up looking for an answer on this Forum.  If aanyone knows Paul Davies, could they kindly let him know of  my info please?  Thanks and Cheers,   Bill in Oz
I've sent Paul a p.m. Bill.

If anyone knows him in person direct contact may be better.
Thanks Bill
That’s such a great article you have found . Very interesting . I have located a couple of people who have had dealings with a hand control set up in a seven , we are trying to sort out time to meet up and look at the parts used but this information is great as it all helps . I will try to find the patents and let you know how it goes.
Thanks again and fingers crossed for getting the “ old man” back on the road for 2022 !!
It's a bit of a long shot but it may be worth speaking with Chris Blakey - his Japan trip car was (if I understood correctly) converted back from hand controls, so someone somewhere may still have the bits.
Thanks ,
I have been in touch with Chris and hope to meet up with him soon.

Cheers to all that have posted a messages with helpful information .