The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 Trials Special
The floor looks very thick in the photo.

I assumed it was sitting on the chassis, but if it isn't - take it out, put 1" of foam on a piece of harboard directly on the chassis, and sit on it, and work onwards from that.
https://www.facebook.com/patrick.b.edwar...1767493755

TRIALS Special!
(24-02-2020, 08:15 PM)Stumpi Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/patrick.b.edwar...1767493755

TRIALS Special!

WOW now that's giving it welly !!

Aye
Greig
Does he (Eddie Williams?) actually change gear just after passing the camera?
I don't think so, Ruairidh, I think his foot jumped off the pedal. Judging by the way the door flies open later on, I suspect that body is not long for this world ...
Sorry Mike, my comment was t.i.c.

He is having a lot of fun for sure.
Brilliant,lovely sound,makes me want to have a go again !
(25-02-2020, 09:19 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Judging by the way the door flies open later on, I suspect that body is not long for this world ...
I was thinking that it looked pretty newly restored...
(It IS on the register, but as an RG!)
Patrick's had the car for some years and it's a built up car. It is superb both mechanically and visually and if you saw it parked on the street you would think it's completely standard with excellent detailing. Lift the bonnet and you'd realise it's not!! The body flexes in such situations and causes the doors to fly open randomly. It's had a lot of work and is as good as any fabric saloon body but when trialing it's being used to the extreme and it's unavoidable particularly if you're going to be 'trying'.

A group of us travelled to Holland in 1992 and the weather when we were there was very hot. One car was a Gordon England Cup and after a day or three, the doors of that started to fly open randomly. Once back in the UK this stopped happening after a short time. It was realised that the problem in Holland was the result of the timber frame drying out and shrinking, slightly. Once back in the UK the moisture content of the timber was restored, the timber swelled, slightly, and the doors stayed shut.

Steve
Patrick has told me that his favourite pastime with that supercharged 7 is to go hunting for unsuspecting things to overtake. I can well believe it.