The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New films on the Archive Web site
Along with the Boyd Carpenter resources released today, I am also delighted to report that a number of new films have been made available from today. The new films have been added to the existing videos at

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/films/

Enjoy!
Ace!
Much of interest there - thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcKI6st6ROs

This film is not in the list, is it a well known film, it's a children's film about an Chummy registration HAL 5.
Which raises the question of how and why we have now seen two essentialy differing editions of film celebrating the Autin 8 odyssey. There is some footage in both, but quite a lot appearing either in the longer sound version, or the shorter silent film. Did Austin require this, to allow clubs to show short silents? In fact, was the sound film on 35 mm for cinema projection and the silent on 16mm?
I've never seen the HAL 5 film before. Delightful fun. Thanks for bringing it our attention Andy.
HAL - Nottingham County Council. First issued July '46
Thoroughly enjoyed the film about HAL 5. I remember reading the book when I was  about 7 or 8 and have not been able to find a copy of Henry Donald's book.
New to me too! Makes me wonder whether this might have been the idea behind 'Brum'..

We are working hard on releasing a new tranche of films and hopefully they will be available in the next couple of weeks or so. There are some corkers to come, so keep an eye out for the announcement...