The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Original wood effect on Mk1 Ruby dashboard...
Both my & my Uncle's Mk I's have the dashboard covers (1934 & 1936 respectively).

Underneath the patent plate on my car was a painted wood-grain finish, sort of darkish oak, unfortunately, I do not have a photo (that I can find), was not an inspring finish.

A link to the Cornwall website, my find was similar to this:

http://www.austin7.org/Technical%20Articles/Woodgrain/

When the time came to do mine, I did not feel competent to do a wood-grain paint-effect finish so I opted to do a vinyl-wrap finish mine using a wood-effective 3M as an economical and effective representation of an original type paint-effective, clearly not the same as the factory finish (and not like my original, which I thought was dreary), but fools most people looking at the car - the factory was fake & so is this!

I bought the 3M to do both cars, patience is needed to get a good fit, the 3M needs to be heated to follow the curves & contours - Uncle's now has a painted colour dash & door cappings...

Mine with the vinyl-wrap before fitting to my car 2014 - lots of different wood-effects are available

Dash of a supposedly "original" car (was for sale in NI about 10 years ago)

From an early Mk I, fairly unmolested car taken about 10 years ago, what the paint finish was is hard to tell...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original wood effect on Mk1 Ruby dashboard... - by GK5268 - 16-02-2020, 10:40 AM