The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter, 1938
For Big Seven and Ruby owners, a dreamland winter scene:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ahhh, the delights of outdoor skating. I have a "permanent date" with a pal for this most delightful of pastimes. If it freezes for more than 3 nights in a row with cold days between we meet at a pond just outside the village. (Never park quite that close to the edge)
The last time was 3(or 4?) years ago and prior to that at least 9 years ago. . Global warming eh? If I had my way I'd ban it!
If that is a Ruby, even more distorted than the recent RP.
As it cant go forward, going to have fun extricating it!
The notion that cars did not have heaters is unimaginable today.
(Or antifreeze!)
(13-03-2020, 09:33 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: If that is a Ruby, even more distorted than the recent RP.
As it cant go forward, going to have fun extricating it!
The notion that cars did not have heaters is unimaginable today.
(Or antifreeze!)
Just for you Bob, the Austin publicity cover that never made it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I always much admired the prewar Rover 20 sports saloon with grand bonnet, but that Ruby would have sufficed.
Duncan - you said you always enjoy the delights of outdoor skating etc .  I'd hate to witness your carpets plus your wife's reaction if you did it indoors!  Actually I'm envious, as my experiences have only been in commercial rinks and as we don't do it anywhere else in the Country.   Enjoy.  Good Luck &Cheers, Bill in Oz