The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Original wood effect on Mk1 Ruby dashboard...
Thank you, very interesting.
Ah,  the joys of having genuine fake wood!   Big Grin
Cheers, Peter
Thank you for all your help everyone - we settled on this design and to wrap them.

Nice!
An impressive finish; great research and thanks for contributing this information.
It really looks the business. I decided against wrapping due to the fear of a pealing edge or a scratch, or tearing at screwholes.
That's come out really well.
(13-03-2020, 01:21 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: It really looks the business. I decided against wrapping due to the fear of a pealing edge or a scratch, or tearing at screwholes.

It is all in the preparation, a really clean surface for the self-adhesive to bond, a hot air gun to stretch over the contours, a sharp blade to cut off the excess. As for holes, that is easy just heat the tip of a nail or screw and melt a hole through.

Once adhered it is a tough finish that is durable - mine has been in service for over 5 years now and still looks as good as new!

It is fiddly and you do need patience, buy extra and have a go, pull it off if it goes wrong. Mine has faults, which I see, most people don't and the overall effect is impressive, sets the interior off well!