The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Sly
I am very sorry to tell you that Ian Sly passed away today. Many of you knew him and his wife Vicki with their activities within the VSCC. 

He and I were apprentices as the same garage in Gloucester in the 1960s. At that time he used an Austin Seven Ruby as his daily transport. 

About 10 or 15 years ago he came back into the Austin Seven fold and bought himself a Chummy and then a RN saloon. He put many hours of works into his wife's Ulster special and her Nippy. He was well respected for his knowledge of Austin Sevens.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
I’m so very sorry to hear that
Alan Fairless
Very sad news. A lovely man who was always a pleasure to meet up with. I'll miss our conversations in the Class 1 Paddock, sometimes technical, sometimes general, usually politically incorrect! His preparation of his Sevens and those of Vicki was superb and his work on Vicki's Ulster after her mishap at Brooklands was a lesson in how it should be done. His restored Land Rover is something rather special too. Sincere condolences to Vicki and his family.

Steve
Ian's funeral will be held at Emstrey Crematorium in Shrewsbury on Monday 24th February at 11:30. Dress code is whatever you wear if having a pint in the pub with Ian. 
Afterwards at The Hanmer Arms, Hanmer, Whitchurch. 
If you intend coming, please let me know so that I can pass numbers to Vicki. 
Thanks
Roly Alcock
1931 RN, 1933 APD