The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper motor
Hi all.
I have a 1937 Ruby. New to ownership and only used to "modern" classics before this, I'm trying to suss out the wiper. 
At first it wouldn't work and I have stripped it down and cleaned the gears etc. It now works albeit very slowly. Did they ever go fast enough to clear and rainfall or was it more a case of pulling the wiper back and forth by hand?
Thanks in advance. 
Carl
The wiper motor should run sufficiently well to clear the rain in most conditions. My RP saloon has a replacement Bosch motor in place of the original vacuum Trico. Like your motor, this suddenly stopped working due to congealed grease in the gearbox. Check to make sure that the motor bearings (they are likely to be bronze bushes) are also lubricated and that the brushes and commutator are clean and in good order. Once I had replaced the gearbox grease and put a spot of oil on the motor bearings it didn't half pick up speed!