The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ali sumps
Willy, the Nippy sump was described in brochures as "one gallon" but in reality holds about 6 pints.
Dave, did the gales blow away my attempt to respond to your personal message. Should I phone you in the morning? Speaking on the phone to my sister this afternoon I suddenly lost her, phone lines down in the wild hills of Powys.

Steve
Thanks Chris.
Looks like I need to redo the max mark on my dipstick for 6 pints.

Ruairidh,  could you possibly let me know the measurements of the MIn and Max markings of the Nippy disptick and if the end of the dipstick sits on the floor/bottom of the sump
Many thanks
Bruce
I only have a photo with me just now but I don’t think the markings are different, the dipstick is longer though...

65 / Nippy / Speedy Dipstick.

Overall length:  9"
Distance from end to FULL mark: 3 11/16" ( with a further 3/4" up to the plateau radius )
Chris / Ruairidh,
Good info - thanks. 
(For what it's worth I've used a standard Ruby dipstick with a deep sump for donkeys' years without coming to any grief).
(10-02-2020, 12:58 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: 65 / Nippy / Speedy Dipstick.

Overall length:  9"
Distance from end to FULL mark: 3 11/16" ( with a further 3/4" up to the plateau radius )

Is the full mark in a different position to standard sticks please Chris?
Ruairidh,
Sorry I'll have to leave that to others. 
The only two crankcases with rear facing starters I have access to are on a 65 and a Speedy. All the rest are forward facing / vintage.
(10-02-2020, 03:35 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: The only two crankcases with rear facing starters I have access to are on a 65 and a Speedy. All the rest are forward facing / vintage.

That's a quality problem to have! 

C
Ruairidh, Chris G and Chris KC
Many thanks for the dipstick information. 
I presume that the dispstick end sits on the bottom of the sump given the various lengths.
Bruce