The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cylinder head
        Anyone know what cylinder head this is?
hi dave,

apart from a damn rusty one.

and a world of pain and rust.

it looks like a blown ulster. could be wrong, but it should be 9C on the head.

a low compression sports head. 

and if the rust isnt bad enough, they crack just for fun.

tony
I'm sorry to report all ID numbers have long since rusted away Tony.
Does the presence of the beer mean that you bought it indoors to photograph it on the kitchen table?
Steve, I suspect that Dave is a bit more organised than that, he’s go beer in the garage. I’m just waiting for somebody suggesting that an oily rag will fix it.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
get it in some acid bath - I imagine there will be some remnants of markings left....
I wouldn't use acid.
Go electrolytic, unless, of course, you want to sell it, in which case.......

C
what exactly will the difference in result be, Charles?
(14-02-2020, 07:07 PM)JonE Wrote: what exactly will the difference in result be, Charles?

Electrolytic rust removal doesn't attack clean metal in any way - you can put a freshly bored block in and the machined surfaces won't be touched but the rust is removed. Acid, on the whole, doesn't leave machined surfaces untouched.

I'll acknowledge that on this head there is no "fresh" metal to risk, but with a VERY rusty item you can just leave it in all week and not worry about causing damage.