The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
one shot drain cleaner - de-rusting
See
(28-06-2020, 10:39 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Alan, that's a whole hundred pounds! Comment from missis "Not more money on those damn cars!" I am one of those "impecunious enthusiasts". Cost me next to nowt only my time and means I am not watching various rubbish on tv.
Cheers,
Dave.
PS Different situation if you are working and have cash available.

(17-07-2020, 07:49 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Parazine and Bob, 
    what ratio of washing soda to water do you use?

I am doing this at the moment and using two kettles full of water and a small handful size amount of soda. It is working well.

Jamie.
Jamie
I reckon about one tablespoon of soda to one gallon, it's not that critical - but worth noting that 'increasing the dose' as it were, won't make things happen any faster or better. If you want to PM me, I'll send you my notes on it.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Robert
About one tablespoon of soda to one gallon of water - it's not critical. It is with noting too, that adding more soda (or less water) won't speed up or improve the process. If you PM me I'll send a copy of my notes on this.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
i usually use cars brake fluid (oil) to de-rust . its rather useful
I have the power
(17-07-2020, 07:49 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Parazine and Bob, 
    what ratio of washing soda to water do you use?

My bath is a large plastic trug thingy from a garden centre. It takes about 8 gallons to fill it (that's about 36 litres for all you metrificated guys) and about half a packet of soda crystals (the small (500g?) size). I don't think the ratio is critical, it's there to make the water into a good conductor.