The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running board mats 1937 Opal
This is probably a thorny old question but I’d like to hear what others say on the issue of fitting new mats. 
I have taken the old tin off and found the metal work on the car in very good condition, which is fortunate. However the running board  tin is not good so I have had two new pieces made. I got them made to fit the new rubber mats. 
Problem — the new mats are oversize which means the new tin running boards are too deep. I can get them reduced but that leaves the issue of oversize mats. 
Question — do I carefully cut down the rubber edge where it fits to the car and seal with Tiger sealant?
Or is there a better solution.

Charles
Can you not cut to depth ( I am assuming that depth = horizontal measurements) and trim off the quadrant shape and reaffix  with as you say,  Tiger seal.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Thanks for your reply Derek. 
I’m reducing the size of the tin which I hope will allow a better fit on the car. The problem arose when the new tin was made to fit the new rubber molding — the latter is somewhat generous in its internal dimensions.