The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Request - Upturned Chassis
It's interesting to see how oil leaks have tried to preserve the front half!
(31-01-2020, 12:11 PM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: It's interesting to see how oil leaks have tried to preserve the front half!

Is this why Austin’s have lasted and Morris havnt?
That picture appears the be the McLaren workshop hack pre restoration
Black Art Enthusiast

I will try and post some photos of an ARQ chassis.  
If this works I will try and reduce some more images but I am on my wife's laptop running programs I am unfamiliar with. Bruce

These show my spring removal device. First attempt was with a small "PortaPower" ram but didn't work.  A sledge hammer and long bar on this jig worked.
I have other photos of under the chassis but are too large to post but will post if I can reduce them.  Bruce

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is a good idea, thanks for sharing.
                                I got sorted with reducing photos so here is what I have.
This chassis has a number and the car has a pair of number plates.  The body is very poor but the chassis seems to very much as it may have been from the factory.  It was very educational seeing all the double tab lock washers on the chassis. Chassis loose them over the years. The other three chassis only had one between them.
This chassis has two cracks each side rear and some photos were taken only for that reason.

There is a limit of eight photos per post so here are some more.
Digital cameras are so useful I take mine down to the workshop every day. 
They some times last only a couple of years.
Bruce

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think it was Ken Cooke whose preferred method removing recalcitrant rear springs was to remove the fixing bolt, and then go for a fifty mile run round the houses...[Image: smile.png]
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish