The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'35 Ruby lower water manifold
Hi John

Does your V5C not show an engine number?  If so that “should” be the crankcase number which can be accurately dated.

Cheers

Howard

PS I sympathise with your eyesight problems.  I had a vitreous detachment last year leaving me with an eye full of “floaters”.  Scary but not sight threatening.  It does make you realise how important eyesight is.  Since then I’ve been “religious” about wearing safety goggles!
Quick, urgent research is required. Flee from the computer in the study down to the workshop. I can confirm that the oil filler in my 1935 Ruby is free of grub screws or other fastenings.
Steve, Thanks for clearing that up. My car does show however that with a seven over 80+ years old you cannot be certain that its exactly as it was when it left the factory.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
OP here.
Got the manifold off and it's apparent the rear bolt was sheared many years ago, as there's a few threads in the block and the bolt's flush with the manifold surface. I think there's enough thread in the block to enable a secure enough fixing. I need to remove the remains from the manifold. The front bolt's a different kettle of fish. The remaining stub is very thin and corroded and I think it may be preferable to cut it off flush with the block and then drill it out.