The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Suspension Repair
Somehow, I don't think that this was an original suspension component. One side at the rear had a standard aluminium link; the other side had this.

I dread to think how this thing handled when it was last on the road. Both radius arms were bent, one was snapped and loosely held together with a bolt and the radius arm swivel ball moves around on its rivets. The king pins were not too bad, relatively speaking, but the front wheel bearings were so worn that both wheels wobbled and the king pin shims were missing, allowing the hub to move up and down considerably on the pins.

It will be interesting to see what the innards of the differential are like.

Jamie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now you know why the Ten Year Test or as we now call it "MoT " was introduced back in the day.
Did it work, the replacement suspension part?
(10-02-2023, 12:40 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Did it work, the replacement suspension part?

I only ever pushed the car around as the engine was in bits when I bought it, but the back end seemed to bounce up and down properly. I only found out about the repair when I started to dismantle the rear end

Jamie.