The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automobile - Fabric Saloon Found
Is there still a register dedicated to Fabrics? I see in a very old post - on old web address - sept 2015 that ' Dave Martin passed on the Fabric Saloon Register over to David Mawby a few years ago'
DV6642?
David Mawby is and does...!
you can find the contacts on the association pages
http://a7ca.org/member-clubs/#associateregister
Sadly, despite The Automobile Magazine's publicity there has been little interest in this delightful little car. Obviously I misjudged the market value and in general it does seem a bit depressed. After I will discuss this with the owner in the next few days, I will put the revised figure on the appropriate part of the site in due course. I will then advertise it more widely when anything could happen. Thanks for everyone's support and information so far.
How much is the car please James?
I think James suggested £12,500 on his posting on page 1...
It is up and running, in good order etc?
We got it running about a month ago and it sounded really good with compression even before we attempted to start it. We could only run it a short distance because it had a flat rear tyre, one of the things on the 'to do' list. Reversing it back into its shed was as far as we went but it had a generally good feel and even lights worked and dynamo charged (although in wrong direction, assume wired the wrong way round). Hopefully, with better weather around the corner and a repaired/replaced inner tube we'll take it out on the roads. Eric, husband of the current owner, left oil in the bores and all the grease nipples well greased and the underside is as clean as topside. We filled the radiator too and there was no sign of leaks but drained it before returning it to the shed.
James,

It sounds lovely but I think I would put it through a pukka MOT or ask for a proper report on it’s roadworthiness to be carried out.

If it checks out then you can all sleep well at night and know the price is right (correct).

Even if delightfully original, at that price, I would need to be certain I could jump in and drive it to Glasgow. A small investment just now will realise a better price for the seller in the long run, in my opinion.