The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Catalogue Page
Re the RP saloon I always thought the dashboard was the same colour as the car.
(17-01-2020, 10:39 AM)Zetomagneto Wrote: YC is a Somerset registration, is on the DVLA website, and still blue.How nice is that?
Hi! Yes, it's a little in-joke between David and I. It used to be David's - owned for 51 years - and now (very happily) mine. Here it is (painted black at the time), with me, having fun in the New Forest during the late 1960s. You'll notice, even during a day of leisure, that a tie was, in the period, absolutley compulsory. The blue 1930 chummy behind is PL3002, my car at the time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When I bought YC in 1968 it was yellow (and an awful shade of yellow!) I brush painted it in black Tekaloid and used it every day as my only car for many years. In the 80's I brush painted it grey and then finally back to (MG Teal )blue cellulose in 2010. It still has the original dealer's St Christopher badge on the dashboard.
Cheers,
Dave.
(15-01-2020, 02:46 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: That's super, thanks Tony.

Does anyone know the colour of the side window surrounds please? Doesn't look to be body colour.
During the on-going restoration of my wife Anne's very early 1934 De-lux Ruby, the rear window surrounds were found with a light-blue coachline - and possibly one mirrored along the car's waistline. The car's original colour was dark blue and the window surrounds black.
The colour is, of course, subject to the upsetting vagaries inherent in the camera, file type and monitor used to view the image so please don't take the picture shown as gospel. With luck, in time, we'll be able to find a modern colour close to it and report back.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby-window-surround.jpg (Size: 307.36 KB / Downloads: 146)
(16-01-2020, 01:40 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(15-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Looks about right  to me!
Cheers,
Dave Shorthouse
Yes, but not so tiny...
BTW, did you notice:

The 1929? chummy has a round bottomed cowl (ooh! Matron)
(17-01-2020, 10:41 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(16-01-2020, 01:40 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(15-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Looks about right  to me!
Cheers,
Dave Shorthouse
Yes, but not so tiny...
BTW, did you notice:

The 1929? chummy has a round bottomed cowl (ooh! Matron)
Easily fixed - not even a single bolt to be undone!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow! Now tell the advertising department to use this for the next print run !

Whenever I try to do something like that I always mess up the picture Undecided