The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Catalogue Page
Here's a link to an extremely high-resolution scan of a page from the first 1934 catalogue to show a Ruby. It will print out up to A3, in colour, with excellent detail. It may be slow to load....: http://www.lathes.uk/Ruby-download.jpg

Here's a low-resolution copy:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's super, thanks Tony.

Does anyone know the colour of the side window surrounds please? Doesn't look to be body colour.
Ah! The dangers of assuming a sales brochure represents true life. I have seen many Mk1 Rubys  with non-body colour window frames, but they have always been black frames. Always treat sales catalogues with a large grain of salt; they may well represent what the marketing department wanted, but remember they may well have been produced before the model ever came down the production line, and it's quite possible a good idea in theory could not be turned into practical reality. That's not to say Rubys did not appear with light-toned window frames, and if you want to replicate it, why not anyway? If you want a suggestion, I'll go with maroon bodywork with beige window frames  Big Grin
Yes, all the original ones I've seen are black. These sales department chaps and their air-brush work - it's a good job they didn't have Photoshop! Also, have you noticed the tiny people in Austin 7 sales literature?  e.g. the Chummy with plenty of shoulder room, the voluminous interior of the Box and, finally, one made-up.

.jpg   roomy-chummy.jpg (Size: 462.26 KB / Downloads: 390)

.jpg   made-up.jpg (Size: 106.7 KB / Downloads: 371)
Looks about right to me!
Cheers,
Dave Shorthouse
(15-01-2020, 10:32 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Looks about right  to me!
Cheers,
Dave Shorthouse
Yes, but not so tiny...
BTW, did you notice:

The amazing shrinking people !  Big Grin
As late as the A90 Atlantic Austin were depicting pygmies.
In fairness persons were much smaller in the 1930s. Phots of soldiers are nothing like the giants of today.
YC 5012 hmmm....looks familiar. Nice colour.
YC is a Somerset registration, is on the DVLA website, and still blue.How nice is that?