The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideal for trials!
Soon enough, there will be a lovely - and rare - Edwardian LWB body on ebay...
Wonder if it's early Ruby? Couldn't be earlier, surely...
(13-01-2020, 11:21 PM)JonE Wrote: Soon enough, there will be a lovely - and rare - Edwardian LWB body on ebay...

And another 'Ulster Rep' build....

Seriously the dash and advance and retard look consistent with an RP or equivalent. Reg date looks pukka
It was registered before April 34 - when did Ruby emerge? Begs the question as to the chap who did that run of repro Edwardians.
Are they featured in the grey mags perhaps? They have a social heritage value of their own now so if this does get bought and body abandoned, it would be sad. Although perhaps if it gets bought, the chassis and plate put under a spare Nippy body and this gets moved on to a Ruby with an age related, then it's still "there", so to speak.

Can anyone remember the chap's name and is he still around?
(13-01-2020, 09:07 PM)Alan Wrote: Steve, if I buy it will you do me a buff form?

Certainly, I think it's brilliant! Cracking potential as a trials car. 
Steve
I have an inkling that the Special was built in the 1960s I seem to remember seeing it when I was a small child.
My father was in the VAR ( Austin Heavy 12 ) in the 1960s.
(13-01-2020, 11:21 PM)JonE Wrote: Soon enough, there will be a lovely - and rare - Edwardian LWB body on ebay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312947862180

wonder how much it will get to (after presumably selling for 2500 or something similar).
That is odd, it was offered by a retired headmaster well known in Austin Seven circles, and is now being sold on by  a dealer in Surrey, offering the machine starting at  a lower price. What will the next episode show us?

(It's all right, I'm only indoors looking at my computer at this time of day as it is raining far too heavily to use an electric drill out on the drive.)
I absolutely love this.
It is as bonkers as bonkers gets and almost looks like it would tip up with the weight of the front lights.
One thing you can be absolutely guaranteed is that you would get smiles for every mile from anyone you passed and it would take you hours to get out of the petrol station.

Also has echoes of the Dr Who SIVA Edwardian.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
AND.....They will post it to Australia!
Peter
does appear to be a pre Ruby chassis, but missing any rear suspension from photos sent