The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SU Carb on a chummy manifold
Hi Douglas, will not be pumping as the bowl is well below bottom of the bulkhead tank. It was one of the reasons that I chose to modify the manifold and turn it upside down. Trying To keep things simple.
Just spoke to Douglas via PMs.

He means this one:
[Image: 9934871174_564db3b794_z.jpg]
Thats a set up indeed !

Does anyone know where the pipe from half way up the inlet manifold goes / does ? I have a screw in there that just blocks it off.
Vacuum line to windscreen wiper?
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
It's the vacuum take-off for the windscreen wiper.
Robert Leigh
(24-01-2020, 01:19 PM)Robert Leigh Wrote: It's the vacuum take-off for the windscreen wiper.
Robert Leigh

Ok thats handy and makes sense as I have no wipers ......
A fascinating thread- the different solutions are great, and really nicely crafted.
I like this last image with a simple addition to the down draft manifold, and would consider using a similar system.
One question- Do people think the gas flow would be ok with the extra 90 degree extension?
(24-01-2020, 09:59 PM)Steve Clare Wrote: A fascinating thread- the different solutions are great, and really nicely crafted.
I like this last image with a simple addition to the down draft manifold, and would consider using a similar system.
One question- Do people think the gas flow would be ok with the extra 90 degree extension?

Well a standard chummy carb would have a built-in 90° bend anyway, so can't be worse!
(13-01-2020, 11:05 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: Sorry after several attempts to post photo I've given in,Can't remember how to reduce size .It is very similar to the one pictured by Bob.I didn't find the need to fit a fuel pump as there is enough drop between tank and carb.

A7 manifold
Levers are to operate choke from the original pull.
Hi Dave,

Was the inlet face on the manifold parallel with the ones on the engine side or did you have to angle it a bit so the SU would fit?
Cheers

Mark
How do the interal ids of the aluminium manifold compare with the Ruby type? Variations of the latter enable an air clener between carb and bomet side.