The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Know your road signs ?
It is really great to see all of these signs. A great reminder of a bygone era.
Cheers,
Stephen
Great memories, but I don't see the one I remember best, the T-shaped Halt Major Road Ahead.
hi roger,

shamefully enough, i have a further 30 road signs and post toppers etc. that i couldnt get out in the space i have at the moment.

there is one of the signs you remember in with those.

ill picture it up, when i clear some more space for them to go with the rest.

tony
Tony, you have no doubt seen signs like this in your travels across the pond.

Erich in Seattle

Attached Files
.jpeg   images.jpeg (Size: 11.3 KB / Downloads: 323)
Hi Tony

As a matter of interest, how do you control rusting? i guess few have perfect paint. i have found around NZ items rust at very different rates depending on local humidity.  Although the signs are not, tin plate items are especially sensitive.
hi erich.

YEP, seem plenty of them.

most people blame it on the rednecks? but who knew they could read Big Grin

hi bob,

i do as little as possible to them.

once they are inside they are safe from corrosion.

many people dont like to see them touched up in any way.

the AA garage, someone has rust treated it in the past. im sure it wont rust again. but it doesnt look right with black rust.

tony
They look brilliant Tony.
Happy new year Tony, looks really good you've been working hard getting the sheds sorted. Look foward to catching up soon all the best Joe
Tony - Congrats on a great collection and display.  In your collections of Scottish material, there was one you missed out on.  Years ago the Scottixh Police were most angry when they confiscated a yellow road sign that was set up in about 4 feet of snow.  It was a genuine Ozzie sign which warned of Kangaroos in the vicinity.  (I have a photo).  The rozzers were not amused, but may still have the sign if you chase them up?   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Bob asks how do you control rusting? I only have a couple of such sign in my bits and pieces and they are both cast aluminium...