The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Know your road signs ?
Thought I would post this, as I remembered there was some interest in old road signs. When I first started building my " micro " museum.

If you read my other thread you will see at the end of friday I had this lovely empty space for all my efforts.

[attachment=8628]

And I've all weekend to start filling it.

And this is were I am now.

Hope you like old road sign like it do.

Tony.

[attachment=8629]

[attachment=8630]

[attachment=8631]
That looks to be a lot of fun Tony!
Great work, looks fantastic.
Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers
hi R,

amaizing how long it takes to set it all out, and fix to the wall.

the fun is chassing it all down, auctions. collectors selling up swapping etc.

you may notice there are some scottish signs.

the forfar at top right, is beautiful.

and over to the left is A92 aberdeen, parcially covered. there are tiny little glass reflectors in the aberdeen.

the blue waiting limited, with a flip over plate came from a well known scottish auction. as did the 3270 bridge sign.

thanks tony

thanks steve.
Alas, I remember when such signs were common currency.
hi david,

last year there were two old storage depots empied out, and a couple of large collections were sold off. so the glut of signage. ment alot of the more ordinary signs to a good hit in price. and are still alot cheapper than hthay have been for 10 years.

a good time to buy though.

the rearer signs like uffingham, tempory road surface. danger. and causion take extra care. prices stayed high.

tony
I liked the 'slow police'  could probably be paired on the wall  with an 'overweight' sign.
Here in NZ we have a problem with the myriad Asian tourists perching instead of sitting on public toilets. Sensitive souls find the footprints a deterrent, although the truly imaginative who can visualise alternatives are less fazed. For a fleeting  period a very collectible and now rare banning sign with a red bar through it was displayed.

A camping ground near me has a ludicruous sign "Office Down There" pointing down a near level driveway. A surprising number of visitors are rational Germans. I dont know what they make of such genius logic. A simple arrow would have been far better.

Not eons ago my son was a venturer scout. Their leader was uncommonly understanding of the teenage mind. In the den they had a souvenired sign "no public access upstream." And on the other wall of course "no public access downstream."

I note on the American pickers program signs with bullet holes are common. At one stage I worked as a radio tech. it was quickly discovered that water tanks on rural repeater sites could not be painted white.
I see you can't abide an empty space, they bring back memories Tony. I like the conveniences sign, but what is the rectangle in front of the left hand school sign?
hi russell,

glad you spotted that one.

as you know we live in a small village, "well it was bebore they added 250 houses"

so we dont police slow. more like SLOW POLICE.