The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1929 Ulster replica for sale £29500
It may sound a lot but try paying someone to build you a 'new' 1.5" pressure fed engine and a 5.625 back axle and see how much change you've got left out of a tenner...
It was pointed out to me the other week there was a SWB rolling chassis with engine and V5 in the VSCC MAG last year for £6,500.00 

And half of it you cant use.

let's face it, you will want to change the back axle from screw in to long nose, rebuild the complete front assembly into ulster spec. 

Chris, there are alot of tenners needed there.

Tony.
(11-01-2020, 07:52 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Quote "but in no way an "Ulster" (what an over-used word that is)"
I am inclined to agree with you Tony but we should also remember that the term "Ulster" was coined by us as enthusiasts rather than an official name for a particular model, I agree that today it is used/abused to cover anything which is of a similar design. This particular car has at least got a body on it which started as a replica "ulster" type but with a fair amount of personalisation, personally I feel that unless someone is claiming it to be an accurate recreation whats the harm in using the description.

I should add that even if we feel it is overpriced, try having a car built to the same specification for that money, only if you are capable of doing almost all the work yourself would you manage that.
Wot he said.
Yep, in my short time here, "Ulster" is an often used and abused term. Add terms like Evocation and the value goes up. Though Ulster was never an official description, even original EA Sports and EA Super Sports were quickly altered to suit personal tastes and needs. And even when they left the works, I've learned the specs varied considerably depending on customer wants, the time of day, the weather, etc. ;-)

Erich in Seattle
Looking at some photo's from 1931,Brooklands I think in a magazine article showed a "Ulster" modified with cycle wings and a dash full of instruments. It must have only been a year old by then.