The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorsport UK Period Defined Vehicle ID
"Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."

Duke of Wellington.
Paul
Who did you originally speak to at TOPO, was it Andrew Tarring? I mentioned the regs in the Blue Book just because I had been puzzled by seeing them whilst looking for other info, and as far as I know they have been widely ignored. If Robert Ellis and his Chief Scrute have to fail half the field at Brightwells on the grounds of LEDs then it will be a very turbulent night indeed.

And talking of sport and MUK's requirements, has anyone yet received their plastic Halfords Discount card? I gather youngsters with smart phones can display a confirmation from Colnbrook of licence application, maybe the rest of us will just show a printed out copy of the email.
(09-01-2020, 07:25 PM)Steve Kay Wrote: And talking of sport and MUK's requirements, has anyone yet received their plastic Halfords Discount card? I gather youngsters with smart phones can display a confirmation from Colnbrook of licence application, maybe the rest of us will just show a printed out copy of the email.

You don't get a discount card, Steve. I've followed the Halfords discount process through and it generated a voucher to print off. This has a Bar Code on it that is scanned at Halfords to get the 10% off. Used it twice with no problem and was told on each occasion to keep the print to use 'next time'. If you lost it, I imagine you simply go through the process again and print off another. You're also supposed to present your licence to prove your entitled to use the voucher but I wasn't asked so didn't bother!

Mrs. J got an email yesterday saying her new RS Clubman licence and licence 'pack' would be dispatched within 3 days. 

Steve
(09-01-2020, 11:17 AM)geoffharrison Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Alan Wrote: My MSA logbook dates from 1998. Don’t know how many events I’ve done since then but it must be closing on 150.  I’ve been asked for it twice.

Alan , you will be delighted to know that your current log book expires on 31st December 2020 !. 
The cost of a new CCLB is £45 , somewhat more than the £ 11 or so than you originally paid.
Geoff

Ok, I’m delighted. Will you do it for me, Geoff?
Alan Fairless
Hi Steve
Yes it was Andrew I spoke to, he's due to get back to me today to clarify the situation.
If I can't run with LEDs I will not compete as I dont want to travel 200miles only to fail scuteniering. 
The standard lighting if i revert back in my opinion is inadequate .
Alan , no problem before year end and inevitable MSUK price increase . Unfortunately your Halfords discount voucher will 
not help!
Geoff
The Pre War A7 Club now have their own Period Dating Form approved by Motorsport UK for the Bert Hadley Memorial Championship.  Just a bit more paperwork.  More information on the Championship is on the PWA7C Website.
Paul
Your situation is interesting. Surely the VSCC have run various events with a champagne class where they have dropped the PVT requirement; if the car was pre-war that was enough, and they have even accepted post war HRGs at some events. It sounds a bit as though they are trying to change what we have come to accept. Various events have had regulations relaxed over the years: when I was doing the the 'Welsh' you had to prove a 200 miles trip to the start in a limited time, and use a truly vintage car. With changing road conditions making it more and more difficult to avoid motorways and dual carriageways it has become more important for us to make sure other road users see us and our signals. I have converted side lights on two of our old cars to use 'double filament' LEDs so that they show white sidelights and flash amber for turn signalling. My MOT man is completely realistic about judging whether lights are of a suitable brightness for their purpose, and in my opinion the VSCC should take a similar view.
Robert Leigh
Robert
Indeed for most road events there is a "champagne" class, open to those of us who cannot or chose not to have a buff form. The Welsh Trial does only admit pre-1930 cars, fear not, the Welsh Scatter welcomes you all! As mentioned before, VSCC and indeed Inter-Reg scrutes chose over a long time to ignore that safe LEDs did not conform with the arcane and arbitary requirements of the Blue Book, for the Measham persecuted TOPO staff indicated that Colnbrook were demanding no LEDs. The ban on additional forward facing lights was also imposed by MUK, apparently to stop excessive lighting in the nightime lanes caused by post war rally cars with galleries of Cibies. This turned out to be a wholly unnessecary ban as the only post was car was a mkVI Bentley.

Measham entry numbers were lower than expected, due to those of us not prepared to spend pocket money on deconverting from LEDs or deciding that youthful bravery ended just a few years, or in my case, decades ago. Let us hope that forthcoming nav events will be left well alone, the thuoght of Colnbrook trying to issue diktats to Inter-Reg scrutineers seems unlikely. If there is a chance of a MUK official telling Jim Wood what to do in a village hall car park, then I guess quite a few tickets for spectators can be sold in advance.

Much earlier in this thread I wondered whether, due to wholly inadequate dynamo output, I could get away with a small genny strapped to the luggage rack. I did not try this, but a certain Morris from
Lientwardine did in fact carry and use a small Honda genny set, slightly concealed behind the front seats rather than on display outside.

Steve