The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy/Sports Chrome Rad Lower Supports
Can anyone advise of a supplier of the pressed steel, lower, inner supports for the Nippy/Speedy/Chummy rad shells? Also the correct description would be good! Mine got attacked badly by salt on my way back from Curborough in 2018.
I’ve seen various new chassis and body parts advertised on ebay, a long search through the bits and pieces on offer might yield results
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Rad support brackets?

Despite the age range on the description I don’t think these are the correct ones for your sports rad unfortunately.

https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...ckets-9373

There are also two strengthening channel sections that follow the curve of the lower radiator cowl, is it those you require?
Do you mean the corner reinforcement or the radiator support brackets. ?
Either way it is going to be a bit of metal bending /fabrication.
Ruairidh, you're spot on. It's the two strengthening channel sections that follow the curve of the lower radiator cowl that I'm after. Any ideas?
I have some new ones that I think were provided by Keith Marriner a long time ago.

I could ask a friend, who is doing fabrication work for me next week, if they could be copied for you?
I would like as pair as well please.
I will ask him for you Gene.
Thanks, spot on!
Gene, my friend is asking if you trade under “tryingtoclear” on eBay please?