The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rummaging in Photo Albums
Beware.

Should you find yourself in Port Isaac, on the B3267 up the top of the hill, on the left going out of the town, is the main public car park. Be extremely careful if you use it. The car park was/is owned by a private company, not the local council, and they are absolute bar stewards for dishing out penalty notices at any opportunity. I fell foul of this shower a couple of years ago. Despite my sending them photos and proof of having purchased a correct ticket, they would not withdraw the Notice. I used the industry appeals process and went through the whole rigmarole right up the hearing. Guess what? The company failed to make representations and the Notice was quashed.
4th photo down on original post seems to show N/S extension not parallel with chassis rail.. something I've had with two cars.
I've always wondered whether there is a reason for sagging or difference in set there? Presumably they are meant to continue directly at same angle on both sides?
JonE  - perhaps you need to go to SpecSavers?  You or others may not know but Austin offered bolt-on extensions (as I'm not at home to check I'm guessing late 1926) that were parallel to each other, not following the chassis-rail angle.  They said they were able to be fitted to all existing chassis with no extensions, but in actual fact they were a problem with the earlier chassis design where the rails were lower in height.  This meant the extensions were jacking the floor up above its usual mounting points.  Mainly mention this in case anyone wishes to make duplicate extensions - I can supply sketches and measurements if they contact me on ausevenoz@gmail,com   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
ok, Bill, so are you saying that those (retro fit) were a few degrees lower than the the line of the chassis, or what?

And what is your understanding of what happened when Austin started fitting them as standard - on chassis line?
Chris' photos appear to show a standard 1929 chassis which would have had Factory-fitted rivetted-on extensions. I think it's just an optical illusion in photo 4, Jon; if you look at photo 3 the extension is parallel and level with the main rail.