The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rummaging in Photo Albums
Possibly some may find these of interest?
I'm afraid I have little accompanying info but these were my father's photos, taken around 1952.
The chassis looks about 1928~9 to me?
Was going to say he's made a nice job of it, then realised it might conceivably be original paint...

.jpg   IMG_1475s.jpg (Size: 369.43 KB / Downloads: 659)
Mum, aged 22, before they were married.

Dad around 24 years old. Not sure what the car is?

Couple more:

Super pictures. The one by the signpost - near Tintagel, and so almost certainly on holiday - shows the wonderfully casual dress sense of the 1940s and 1950s holidaymaker.
I agree - great pics Chris, thanks for sharing.
Brilliant! Thanks for posting them.
Great photos , the one near Tintagel not another vehicle in sight, the roads were very quiet in those day's can remember them well.
Great photos. The 'signpost' pic was taken in Port Isaac, at the junction between Fore Street/Back Hill and New Road. I'd go and take a pic but its too wet and windy at the moment. You can see the spot at https://goo.gl/maps/iuAQAqB5oYgb3iCt5 - I'm not clever enough to copy it and put it up on the forum but perhaps someone else can oblige!

Alastair, three miles from the scene...
Here you are Alastair. 

.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 49.85 KB / Downloads: 488)
Thanks Nick! The house in the background of Chris's photo is the second one along in the Google view. If his Dad had carried on in the direction the car is facing he would have been heading down Back Hill to the harbour, with a steep climb out of the village on the other side, definitely a 1st gear job in a Seven.
[Image: tintag.jpg]
Great detective work Alastair, Nick & Tony!

I must say I wondered how many lives that sign post claimed before they removed it!