The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shockingly risque A7 postcard
I once sold a house and the purchaser's solicitors were a firm in Lincolnshire called Wright Hassle.  I think the sale actually went through without much bother.
Back to the mythical famous Estate agents and Solicitors : Messrs. Sue, Grabbit & Runne, not to mention Haddaway & Shyteman
My daughter when living in London would often hand out the telephone number of that multinational electrical firm 'Siemens', which had offices in the suburb of Staines. The receptionist would greet callers with "semen stains".
There is of course that firm of estate agents in Kidderminster called Doolittle and Dalley.

And I know a lady whose maiden name was Koch, her husband's name is Kuntz.
We had a prime case of nominative determination here a few years back in the form of a plumber/drainlayer with the surname Pipe.
Urban legend had it he named one of his sons 'Dwayne' but I'm unable to verify that...
Likewise the legendary Dicken Round that supposedly attended one of the local High Schools
Nick,
My middle name is Austin, I was brought home from hospital in a Ruby. Damned from birth :-)
Pile and Heap rolled a Nippy back in the 70s