The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shockingly risque A7 postcard
Nigel, agreed but Lucien wouldn’t have been that bad
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
In 1971 one of my flat mates was Bruce Carr.
In 1973 he married Laurie Fenning.
Austin - further to your Metro etc, when BMC had trouble calling their new model Allegro or should they include the name Rover, some wag suggested they combint the two and call it  A Legover.
 And Henry - I once knew a woman called Thora who married a guy named Frost.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
I had a pal in Thirsk who was an osteopath, called Simon Muddle.  When his son was born, he called him Oliver.  He took the view that he would have to stand up to the ribbing at school and he would be a better person for it.
My parents bought a bungalow that was previously owned by a Laurie Driver.
A receptionist in Premier Travel in Royston years ago was Mrs Cherry Orchard
Jim
I once did a lot of work to a house owned by a Mrs. C Breeze and, a little later, was working on houses owned by a Mr. Place, a Mr. Haddock (who lived next door to each other) and a Miss Codd.

Steve
(19-12-2019, 04:59 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: I once did a lot of work to a house owned by a Mrs. C Breeze and, a little later, was working on houses owned by a Mr. Place, a Mr. Haddock (who lived next door to each other) and a Miss Codd.

Steve

Thank goodness Miss Codd did not marry a Mr you-know-who. "If any person present knows of any lawful impediment why Miss Codd and Mr. ***** cannot be joined in....................”.
Oi! Enough with the fish names!
Met a chap once whose surname was Head. His perhaps unimaginative parents named him Richard.

Happy Christmas all.

Charles
A former work pal's wife is called Dinah. For some years our boss was Jack Roddy. We often speculated that if things had been different, Dinah could have been Mrs. Dinah Roddy!

Steve