The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7
Hi has any one got a 7 or big 7 very close to the Castleford area West Yorkshire, that we could have a look at and sit in to see if they suit us. Thanks
Ace Classic Cars has a Big Seven for sale in Leeds (Rothwell):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1938-AUSTIN-B...0009.m1982

Even if you have no intention of buying it, they will surely offer you a test drive.
Hi have been to see it and will be having it delivered tomorrow Tuesday. Will probably be changing it to 12v any help on this greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Gosh - that was quick! Looks nice. Did you try a little Seven too?
No my wife and I thought the seven would be smaller and the big seven fitted what we needed. The interior is very nice with surprisingly lovely firm seats an excellent headlining, and a very clean dash and instruments. p.s. I am classed as a junior member, but am senior in years.
Excellent! I do like spending other people's money  Big Grin
I would keep it as a 6volt.  (If its not broken don't fix it).
When the chap first started it, it seemed to turn over very slowly and took quite a while before it started. Low battery charge or 6 volts, have not owned a 6v car before.
With a new battery and upgraded cables, my car ( Seven, not Big Seven) turns over like it is on 12 volts.

A six volt system is very affected by any losses due to old components or cheap replacement bits, but doing 6 volts right is just as good as 12, you will probably spend less money and the car will still be original.

The Big Seven has a better dynamo than the Seven, so many of the articles on here about electrical systems not being up to scratch don't apply.

Keep asking questions, there will be plenty of advice from the Forum.

That does look a nice car, I rather like the Big Seven, there is that bit more room and the engineering isn't as quirky.

Cheers

Simon
Many thanks to all for the kind comments, will probably leave as 6v charge the battery clean as many contacts as I can find and work from there. Mike