The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another antique picture - sort of...
[Image: darling.jpg]
Some things stretch the imagination too far.

Just possibly an advert for "green grippa" brake linings (in conjunction with oversize drums)  

Or , thoughts of smug driver. "At last, I have shaken off that irksome girl friend, without offending"

With semi girling brakes I have had pasengers brace against the windscreen. With about 250 ibs on the pedal I was unawre of any deceleration.
In an Austin Seven you are virtually flying.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(15-12-2019, 05:41 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: Or , thoughts of smug driver. "At last, I have shaken off that irksome girl friend, without offending"

I was thinking more that the young lady had finally found a way to rid herself of the pompous old fart, who had decreed that she wouldn't be able to fit more than a tiny bag in his car as there were a great deal of spares to be carried...
So she was in the driving seat with his arm around her shoulder...that's what you get if you allow your milkman to wear a monocle!
.....and don't come back!

Steve
(15-12-2019, 11:56 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: So she was in the driving seat with his arm around her shoulder...that's what you get if you allow your milkman to wear a monocle!

The milk-round compnay has also had the upholstery done in white.....
I would say it’s a very independent minded young lady who told the chauffeur to push over once they’d got round the first corner.
A more cynical side of me suspects it’s a sales promotional cartoon which cleverly combines several messages — it’s cool for young ladies to drive an Austin Seven, — Austin Sevens have amazingly good brakes and any girl driving one is sure to get her man.
All perfectly true perhaps.

Charles
I am reminded of the one and only time I have managed to lock all four brakes up on the Seven avoiding collision with a marauding delivery van in a single track lane when I managed to shoot the Motoring Dog complete with his dog blanket off the rear seat.
I have htought of various ways of avoiding speeding tickets. Fortumately on my old car the number plate can be and is folded back horizontal and may elude cameras. But the solution shown would be more effective.