The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
standoff spacers for bolting later crankcase?
(10-12-2019, 02:54 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Until last week, my short wheelbase Ulster was fitted with a later, rubber foot, engine. It used the standard rubber foot kit without any issues.

Steve

Thanks all. 
I can see that geometry probably makes the SWB chassis more extreme than a LWB high chassis, but this is good enough for me!

I'd be interested to know what the actual difference in height between rubber mounting and "without" makes, (1/8"??) as I see the lower rubber is partially recessed. 

Do all use the bottom rubber onto the large flat washer, or is that just extra height... if the surface of the chassis rail is good?
On my RP with low frame crankcase I have changed the engine mounts at the rear so they can be inserted and removed from below. There is a D shaped washer welded on to the mounting bolt to stop it rotating while tightening or removing. It IS easier to access the o/s mounting with the starter removed. There are no large washers so the rubbers seat directly onto the chassis rails.
(11-12-2019, 11:51 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: There is a D shaped washer welded on to the mounting bolt to stop it rotating while tightening or removing.

I think I will do this, thankyou. Presumably, without welding, I can create some sort of captive washer from a bit of U section steel which will trap the faces of the bolt top but won't spin in the chassis width.