The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Christmas Caption Competition
Shown over cups of coffee

The owner of a 19.6 Crossley said "Good lord, can you actually get under a Seven?"

The owner of a Marlin said "Gosh, can you really get under a Seven?"

Considering the relative ground clearances of their machines, they might have said the same thing for different reasons.

A historian remarked that it was a perfect example of late 1920s boy racer, when Sankey wheels were fitted for sporting appearance, before the invention of Minilites.

As the pantomime season is upon us, I will refrain from reporting any of the comments about tools and other equipment attributed to the young lady.
I have only directly owned about 4 cars, the Seven, a Javelin, a 1964 Hillman. Although could not readily get under any, most underneath parts could be checked, getting progresively more difficult with each. Then I inherited the wifes Honda Jazz. Absolutely nothing can be checked without jacking.
Except perhaps for the rear shackles the Austin can be greased in good clothes.
Over the decades when underneath required close scrutiny I often parked cars to straddle a gutter.
Incidentally the Jazz it is far and away the least satisfying of them all... but it is enormous inside and does vastly superior mpg and I might be able to get in and out when I am 90. No one ever waves, toots, gives thumbs up, grants row, reminisces, or, in the case of the Javelin, commiserates.

"If the car has landed on your face, wiggle your left foot if you want us to lift"
" Young Jonny was just sorting out his tool kit when a little bird dropped that Austin Seven on him."

" Lucky it wasn't a big bird or it might have been one of M. Bentley's lorries."
Goodness Martha are we witnessing the birth of product placement?
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
"I wish I had your mechanical dexterity. I always fumble Bridgette's buttons"
(13-12-2019, 04:24 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: "I wish I had your mechanical dexterity. I always fumble  Bridgette's buttons"

Yes, those little pearl buttons on blouses. I'm sure their mothers used to deliberately stitch the buttonholes as tight as possible.....