The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3brg crankcase reinforcement
(08-04-2020, 02:05 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: No Tony, it was the SBG then Design for competition and then The Companion, I have all three publications, Design for competition is by far the more comprehensive from a special builders perspective. I think it fair to say that The Companion is not strictly aimed at special builders which the other's were, and as with all 750 MC publications the articles were very much the opinion of the writer, much like here, so you take more notice of those who have proven track records and make up your own mind rather than blindly take things as gospel.

Missed Design for Competition !

When I started I bought the SBG when I came back I bought the Companion.
"1985D P7 figs 2 - 3 + a decent crank : sorted. "

What does 1985D refer to?

Jamie.
[url=https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?tid=4154][/url]
A7CA grey mag year 1985 issue D Page 7, an article about centre main alignment and some suggested solutions.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you, Ian.

JAmie.
I do remember seeing this in one of the 750MC books.

Looking at it from a purely practical perspective, I don't think anyone would want the job of machining a bearing bore to the usual +.0000 -.0005" dimension when the top half is Aluminium and the bottom half is cast iron or steel as it would be with the SBG suggestion. Machining a steel cap sitting on a cast iron crankcase or such leaves a lot of work for a rigid hone to get a round hole.
Apologies for lack of clarity Jamie.