The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thread on Austin 7 model cars?
Just searching on the web for cast resin Ulster models 7" long and wondered if there had been a thread generally on model Austin 7s and who they were produced by, and when? Perhaps good for reviews generally if anyone if anything has to add etc.
If you are looking for models as it applies to a kit of parts that you assemble and not the ready made die cast example, there are white metal kits available of some of the various types or variants of the Austin Seven which I've seen advertised over the years. Other members on here can advise on what is currently available.

If you are looking for plastic models there is one that  I know of but it is not strictly an Austin. This is the 1/24th scale 1929 BMW Dixi by Heller of France and now being sold under the Revell Germany label. While it is of the restored two seater in the BMW museum, it CAN be converted to a proper seven with some surgery and work. This is what I chose to do to make the AD van model I wanted:
[attachment=8319]

I have yet to make the replacement wheels  for the horrid heavy items that come with the kit.  Other possibilities are possible if you want to spend the time to do the conversions , otherwise this is the only Plastic kit I am aware of.

I hop this is of some help.
Cheers,
Stephen
Lovely woodwork Stephen, very imaginative.

I've been collecting 1:43 scale models for some years. There are several I have not been able to track down but in total I know of around 50 different ones that have been produced at some point. That includes Sevens, Dixis, Rosengarts, American Austins and Bantams but excludes colour variations.

The two that seem to be absent at that scale are the pram hood Chummy and the Big 7. Now with the hundredth anniversary approaching there's an opportunity for some enterprising manufacturer...

Peter.