The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Turkey Trial - 28 December
Hello All,

A few of my photos from the trial  https://www.flickr.com/photos/32237459@N...2427076761
I was actively competitive in motor cycle trials for over 25 years, but advancing age and a bad back finally convinced me to sell my two Yamahas. Seeing photos like this makes me regret not buying a trials car when I was still resident in the UK. I'm not sure that I could in all honesty subject my RP to that level of abuse any more. It has earned its corn, up hills and mountains and across continents and still looks pretty good. I take my hat off to all of you that compete in road legal Sevens. Well done!
The contrast with the Stoneacre Trial could not have been more vivid... From arid dust to thick mud and leaf mulch. I am sorry to have to admit that we wimped out after the first round - neither car nor driver could make serious progress and it looked as though we would be collecting 12 points on every hill - and require multiple kind people to push us out of the quagmire. Hats off to all those intrepid souls who stayed the course - and huge thanks for Barry and Mike and their hardy team of marshals and helpers.
Correction to the results of the Cold Turkey Trial. On close examination of the hill marshals' score cards and the drivers' score cards in the favourable conditions of home, and taking into account mud, smudges and crossings-out, I find that Class 2 was a tie with Austin Harris and Bob Thompson taking joint first place, Henry Harris in second place and Robert Foreman in third place.
Full apologies to all involved for clerical errors.